Performing Arts Highlights

Back to Article
Back to Article

Performing Arts Highlights

By Lily Kyser, Arts Editor

Want to have some fun after school? Want to make new friends? Thinking about beefing up your college application? Join one of Flint Hill’s many arts programs. From classes to clubs, nearly every opportunity is covered and available to you.

Love acting? Talk to Ms. Davis about the multiple acting opportunities offered at school. There are two performances put on each year; the fall play and the spring play. This year’s fall play is Pride and Prejudice, and roles have already been cast. Still want to help out? Join the Theater Club!  They help organize the plays and get people to help out backstage. Additionally, the Theater Club presents One Act Plays during the second quarter, which is an excellent introduction to acting. A student directs each one-act play, so it is completely organized and arranged by enthusiastic theater club members.

More interested in instrumental music? Flint Hill offers 4 performing music classes: Orchestra, Percussion, Jazz Band, and Symphonic Band. Each group performs a winter concert and then plays in the spring at George Mason University for the Arts Jam. Arts Jam is a giant performance that highlights Flint Hill’s Orchestra, bands, Choir, and Dance classes.