Breaking News
  • April 29US Fine Arts Awards Ceremony
  • May 3Senior Day
  • May 3Junior And Senior Flag Football Game

Interview with Josh Clarke
By Arti Marzban, Opinion Editor

Josh Clarke, senior, was disqualified from playing any further games in the MAC league shortly after entering his senior football season at Flint...

Introducing Galaxy Gala: The 2024 Prom Theme
By Nia Ashenafi, Editor in Chief

As spring slowly reveals itself, high school students nationwide prepare themselves for Prom season. This phenomenon does not exclude Flint Hill...

Hustling Water Huskies
Hustling Water Huskies
By Grace Semko, Managing Editor

It was the evening of January 26th, and our boys on the Varsity Swim Team were eager to fight for the MAC championship title. The hay was in...

Honoring all Great Writers at Flint Hill

On Tuesday, February 28th, Flint Hill came together in celebration of Writers Day, an insightful event where we honor the excellent writers we have in our community. At the end of January, all students had the opportunity to submit pieces of writings for different awards. The winners were officially announced in front of the upper school.

The Freshman and Sophomore Prize for Fiction and Poetry went to sophomore Alexandra Blake for her story “Delta” and her poem “How I Tire of Things.” Senior Sara Sirhandi received the Junior/Senior Prize for Fiction for her story “Even the Iron Still Fears the Rot.” The Junior/Senior Prize for Poetry was awarded to senior Ida Guerami for her poem “You Only Hear Me Because the Rest Are Silent.” Lastly, senior Amelia Vineyard received the Richard Rouse Expository Essay Prize for her essay “The Societal Role of Women Examined in Notable Literary Works.”

Our incredible English teachers gave out these awards while noting these pieces’ intricate craftsmanship and word choice. Additionally, this assembly was a time to reflect on other school members who have devoted themselves to literature. Members of the Literary Magazine were recognized for their contributions to exhibiting Flint Hill students’ work every year. We should all look forward to relishing some of these award-winning pieces once this year’s Literary Magazine is completed.