The Beginning of Winter Sports

By Saanvi Lamba, Section Editor

As the weather chills, a hardworking, game-filled fall sports season has come to an end. Per the athletic calendar, Flint Hill marked the beginning of the Upper School winter sports season on November 9. Last week, many students took part in winter sports tryouts, and have been preparing themselves for the athletic season ahead. 

This winter, Huskies are able to participate in a wide variety of athletics such as basketball, swim and dive, climbing, ice hockey, and winter conditioning. The fervor of these widely enjoyed sports has enabled a substantial number of peers to participate in these teams and connect further with the Flint Hill community. Aside from the hard training and games, Husky spirit will also be prevalent as we close-in on Flint Hill’s Tip-Off event. The Flint Hill winter sports season will continue until the Upper School spring season begins, which is on February 27. Despite having Thanksgiving and Winter break, Huskies will have no problem jumping right back into action with their practice and game schedules. During this time, Flint Hill will also welcome the new year of 2023 and the end of the second quarter/first semester on January 13.

In the weeks ahead, members of the Flint Hill community will brave cold weather and holidays while maintaining their school spirit during the winter athletic season. There is much to be done, Huskies.  Good luck and have fun!