Breaking News
  • April 29US Fine Arts Awards Ceremony
  • May 3Senior Day
  • May 3Junior And Senior Flag Football Game

Interview with Josh Clarke
By Arti Marzban, Opinion Editor

Josh Clarke, senior, was disqualified from playing any further games in the MAC league shortly after entering his senior football season at Flint...

Introducing Galaxy Gala: The 2024 Prom Theme
By Nia Ashenafi, Editor in Chief

As spring slowly reveals itself, high school students nationwide prepare themselves for Prom season. This phenomenon does not exclude Flint Hill...

Hustling Water Huskies
Hustling Water Huskies
By Grace Semko, Managing Editor

It was the evening of January 26th, and our boys on the Varsity Swim Team were eager to fight for the MAC championship title. The hay was in...

Celebrating Athletics throughout Homecoming

As homecoming emerged this year, it marked a pivotal time for our fall sports teams. They are about a month into the season, and post-season competition is shaping up. However, we hope this pressure was lifted from our fall sports team as they enjoyed their homecoming games, surrounded by their fellow Huskies, lively crowds, and vibrant decorations. Our boys’ varsity soccer team, girls’ varsity soccer, and girls’ varsity volleyball all left their mark on the weekend on Friday. Following the high-spirited pep rally on Friday, the boys’ varsity soccer team suited up to play St. Andrews Episcopal School. They boasted a friendly crowd of people across every grade, as well as parents, and alumni. The Huskies got on the board first, with a header goal from senior Nicholaus Bernick-Harrison. The momentum from the goal carried on throughout the game, but was not enough to combat St. Andrew’s Episcopal School’s following three goals. The Huskies ended up falling to the Lions, 1-3.

As the game ended, people enjoyed complimentary hot chocolate and water on the terrace, accompanied by glow sticks and spirit items for fans. Following this, they made their way to the girls’ varsity soccer game on the front grass field. Our players faced no shortage of goals, making it on the scoreboard early into the first half with a goal from junior Liliana Mahdi. The Huskies continued to dominate, breaking down the opposing team’s lines, and finished the game with seven goals: three from Mahdi, two from junior Caroline Hinrichs, one from junior Allyssa Corporan, and one from junior Mary DelVecchio. When asked to describe the win, junior Tatum Carney said, “We all worked together and developed a good lead early on. Our team’s coordination was top-notch, and the energy from the crowd was infectious.” 

Still hyped from the girls’ soccer win, people transitioned into the gym from the soccer game and bonfire. Though the weather outside may have been warming up, it was chilling once entering the tundra. The Huskies played the Collegiate School from Richmond in volleyball. Both the junior varsity and varsity games featured great hustle plays, aided by the ferocious student section. Great hits from everyone on the floor made it hard for the Cougars of Collegiate to counter the Huskies. Seniors like Mickhaila Murray and Natalie Ngyuen played seamlessly and effectively together, leading the Huskies to a clean 3-0 sweep. The varsity Huskies swept the Cougars in three sets, and junior varsity swept the Cougars in two sets. 

All in all, the homecoming weekend was pivotal for our fall athletic teams, full of great games and inspiring performances from our student-athletes.